When all is lost...there is still HOPE



It's natural to bubble over with ideas and thoughts but capturing those on paper does not always come as easily. I am glad that I have found just the right person who got a good grasp of her conception and interpreted it beautifully in the form of a novel. The young Eisha Ahmed wrote her first publication at the feeble age of 13 years. The 186 pages has been published by WheelMan Press (UK) in April 2013. This blooming young girl believe that:

“Age poses no barrier if one nurtures his talent”

The first thing that captivated me about the book is its title ‘Life Goes On’ This sentence holds an important meaning in my life as incidents and situations have taken me towards unknown paths. Being in those moments, I realized that moving on is the only way. Presenting here her very interview because promoting our talent zaroori hai Sir!

1. Tell the readers a bit about yourself.
I am an eighteen year-old who is known by few for a small literary contribution, ‘Life Goes On’ which was published in 2013. Currently, I am a student of A Levels at The City School. Being a regular teen, my quite predictable list of hobbies include reading and writing.

2. What is “Life goes on” all about? How do you think it can be inspiring or productive to the readers?
Narrowing down the central thought of the book, it leads it to a single four lettered word — HOPE.  It is a roller-coaster of emotions with amalgamation of joy and gloom springing throughout the novel. The book can be an inspiration for people who seep in a realization that life and hope run parallel. If you lose hope, you lose life.

3. What was your hardest scene to write?
In order to do justification with the words, every scene becomes hardest. Each one has to be better than the last, so no such particular scene.

4. Is it a book or a person who inspired you to write? Where do you get your ideas from?
To be accurate enough, it was not a book or any person who inspired me to ink my thoughts and get myself my own book. Life gave me a thought and I aimed to achieve it. It was roughly in summer vacations of my seventh grade that I had ample time and decided to do something different.  No hole of doubt lies in a fact that life is the best teacher. Ideas automatically cloud my brain if I recall my observations.

 5. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
I research about the facts during drafting, as in research about particular places in cities where novel’s setting exists.

6. Do you tend to base your characters on more of a fiction or inspired by real life people?
You will find my characters the shadows of every other being, we day to day come in contact with. They are more real.

7. How did publishing your first book change your process of writing?
My first book not only changed the process of my writing, but it taught me how to actually write. To be honest, my first book is the pivot of my motivation. Every person encounters a starting line where he is crouching down to the level of a knee and waiting for a get set go command! So I was waiting too for that very moment.

8. Were there any difficulties during the whole procedure of writing and publishing it?
Not difficulties as such but one needs patience as his companion the whole time! It is a journey you ship into, so editing, cover finalization and all the others steps steal time — a lot of time indeed. Social media network, indubitably is the best way to market your books especially for newbie writers.

9. Are you affected by other people’s appraisals or critique of your work?
Yes, I am moved and Alhamdulillah always in a positive sense. I am more like a person who will drill your head unless you give critique about my work. Appraises are exceedingly vital but nothing can replace the critique one receive for the written piece.  There is always a room for improvement, even in a close-to- perfect work. I really get overwhelmed and appreciate if someone tosses critiques. As far as appraises are concerned, they just push me more into contributing something worth reading.

10. How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have? Can your fans expect your next book coming out soon?
Well, I have two unpublished books in a pipeline. One is a novel and the other is a short story collection. Things will hopefully fall in place after I get done with my A-levels. Just dug in studies, but I am working to get things in print soon.

11. Literature is still not at the epitome as it should be in Pakistan, do you think taking writing up as a career is wise decision?
Great question! I deem that any field or any sort of work will bear out to be the best career option only if you have enough passion for it. Market is made by us people only.  You need to prove yourself whether it be in Pakistan or any other place even where literature word is not a familiar term. 

12. Do you see any improvements in the near future in Pakistan when it comes to literature? What are the necessary steps that should be taken to promote it?
Time is the best healer, so yes time will surely heal our market which is just wounded by unawareness. Promotions increase the existence of more literary sectors especially for English fiction.

13. What advice do you have for aspiring writers in Pakistan?
For aspiring writers, I want to convey that don’t let current status of our market to de-motivate you or allow your passions to be thrown down in dumps.  Polish your capabilities and skills to such an extent that even the most over-rated choice exist as the only best option.


For all those interested:

When all is lost...there is still HOPE When all is lost...there is still HOPE Reviewed by Kiran Ashraf on 11:00 AM Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. Interesting - but I still feel all is never lost in total. There is always a hope

    ReplyDelete

Ad

Powered by Blogger.